4.20.2012

105 Pounds of Home

Ok I'm all packed up and ready to load up my bike! I weighed all my gear and without food it comes to exactly 59.4 lbs. My bike weighs about 35 lbs, plus maybe 10 lbs. for food and water, for a total of about 105 lbs.

I had a very emotional goodbye with my mom this morning, we cried and hugged and cried some more. I can't help it, I'm terrible at goodbyes. But we both know I'll be ok, it's just hard when you don't know when you'll see someone again. I'm glad my dad will be here any minute to pick me up for our half-day road trip to Lebanon, KS. We'll camp over night and then I'll have to say goodbye all over again to him in the morning as I ride away alone.

I hope to keep my blog updated more often, so check in every once in a while if you'd like to know about my progress.

I'm so excited I'm nauseous. I mean I'm totally about to spew.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy that you are on the road but also sad that you are gone. It was and emotional day for me, too. I'm going to miss you a ton but I also know that this is the right next step. I'm a little worried, I just can't help it, but I know you'll be fine. I love you, Kiddo! Call when you can! PS - I am writing this on my new iPad that Jack got me for my birthday! It's pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete