7.22.2010

haha, shit happens!

Once I dove into this idea, I never came up for air once. The second I thought of it I felt committed. I pictured all of it happening and it all seemed so perfect. Not as in everything would be smooth sailing by any means, just that it would be the ideal way to live, for me.

I tend to appreciate the "OH SHIT NO!" moments in life. Like getting a flat tire in a snowstorm, being lost for hours and driving in circles, missing the train by two seconds, or taking the wrong bus and walking 5 miles home. I like to embrace those kinds of things, they usually provide you with an opportunity you would have normally missed out on. An opportunity to learn. I guess I just try to never waste a second, or be bitter about things that really don't matter that much. I'm not even going to get into the whole 'matter' rant, save that for another time. That word haunts me.

There will probably be a lot of those "OH SHIT NO!" moments on this trip, and that makes me excited! A new problem to solve, the invention of a new direction, time to spend. It's what makes life interesting. Plus it makes for good stories.

My original thought for the length of the trip would be at least one year on the road. But I don't want to be limited to that at all. I want no schedule, no time table or deadline to move on to the next town. No required mileage per day. I'll have goals, sure, but it's not worth getting steamed up about it if it doesn't iron out. Oh my god, I love puns, I didn't even do that on purpose! Because I know shit happens, and plans get screwed up. So instead of putting a label on it, I'm just going to keep peddling until for some reason, I can't any longer. When my feet fall off.

No comments:

Post a Comment