7.21.2010

brain brew

I am very thankful to have been brought up with the most memorable parts of my childhood on the road. Car, truck, van, camper, bus; you name it, my family has probably driven across the country in it. The most beautiful thing about it was that we lived outside. None of that air conditioned lounging-cable TV watching-ice maker vending-microwave using-luxurious excuse for camping-mobile home bullshit either, no. Instead, the wind rocked me to sleep in my hammock while my 3 year old brother gathered kindling barefoot in the woods. And as I grew older, Dad and I would bond in our amazement for the sky, and Mom taught me how to make the best chocolate chip pancakes ever over an open fire. Camping has been a huge part of my life since day one, and I plan on keeping it that way as long as possible. 

About 6 months ago I sold my car and replaced it with the first bicycle I've owned as an adult. Needless to say, my bike and I are in love. I thoroughly enjoy biking as my mode of transportation and don't foresee owning an automobile anytime soon. This however, makes it more difficult to take a random camping trip much less a road trip across the country.

The ninth day in May I came up with an idea. Why not build a miniature camper to tow behind my bike? And that's when my brain exploded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment