7.22.2010

no, this is silly

"Why, Carla, why build a camper?" My mother asks curiously, yet not surprised.

Sure, I could just stick saddlebags on my bike, fill them with camping stuff and off I go. But that is not nearly as exciting or fulfilling as designing and building my own miniature house that I can tow behind me on my bike and bring with me wherever I go.

This trailer is going to be rugged, sturdy, and able to withstand most forces of nature. It will provide me with a stable, reliable shelter and protection from wildlife and all the crazies out there, which will be needed as I am going solo.

When in the treeless deserts of the southwest and I need a cool place to relax, my trusty trailer will provide my shade. When I arrive to camp in the middle of a thunderstorm and can’t set up a tent, I’ll simply crawl in my camper and let the rain dropping on the aluminum ceiling drift me to sleep. And as I pass through the dark and dangerous nowheres of the land in the midst of the night, I can easily hop off my bike and lock myself in, clutch my knife in hand and wish I wasn’t alone.

So you see, it all just adds to the excitement! I mean, if I can, then why not do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment