8.24.2010

bike -vs- trike

This was so silly of me! I made a spontaneous decision to buy a 6 speed adult tricycle off ebay to tow the trailer with. Mind you, I had never ridden a trike before. I had no clue as to how it would handle. I just thought well, if two wheels are good, three would be great! So I bought the freakin’ thing for $400 plus shipping for a total of $470 without thinking twice about it. I was so excited about everything that I was dismissing common sense.

So the trike arrived in pieces, it was brand new. After assembling it with the help MC, I hopped on excitedly and was quickly disappointed. It was easy to ride, but it seemed cheaply manufactured and was not as rugged as it needed to be. Also, when turning you can’t lean into it, so when it gets up to a good speed and then you have to make a turn, it feels like it will tip over easily. That’s not a good sign. So I put the trike up for sale on Craigslist and after a couple weeks, it sold for $350 to a 92 year old grandma. Despite loosing $120 bucks, I’m glad it went to a good home and will be well taken care of and enjoyed. And the thought of a little old lady putting around on a trike with a wriggling puppy in the back basket never fails to make me smile.




I think I’ll stick with what I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment