8.24.2010

full circle

Here is the latest and greatest design for the camper so far. My love of circles really got me going with this one. The whole shape was based off a circle, with half circle niches for the wheel well and windows. There seems to be a theme forming. I like the idea of the half circles representing the sun, rising over the horizon and guiding my camper and I along the winding roads.




There will be two storage compartments (one on either side) under the bed area that will be accessible from the outside and pull out like drawers when not locked in place. There will also be another storage area between the tires and above the axel which will only be reachable after the back door is opened. The camper by the way, will sit on a custom made trailer frame which will be hitched to the bike. This way when I stop I can unhitch the camper when it’s in use, and utilize a parking brake. I’ll be able to leave the camper if needed and ride my bike freely if I have to get somewhere in a hurry, although I’m not sure how comfortable I will be leaving my camper all alone out there. But it’s good to have the option.

There will be two slide out compartments set on tracks for the kitchenette. I am planning on one side having a one burner stove, and the other with a small hand-pump sink, with small drawers underneath for kitchen supplies and utensils.

Dimensions:

2.5’ wide (with bed extended it will be 6’ wide, with plenty of room to lay flat)
3’ at tallest point
3.5’ long


No comments:

Post a Comment