8.24.2010

keeping track

When on the road I am going to try and document this journey as many ways as possible. I may not continue the blog, as I’m not sure I’ll have a computer with me, or want one for that matter. But I’ll take photos, videos, write my thoughts through entries, poetry and song, draw a lot, and establish some sort of collection of memorabilia from each place I ride through.

In the end I want to make a piece of art that ties it all together, and tells a story. Maybe write a book, who the hell knows. All I know is I just can’t wait to go, get out there and meet as many people as I can, and have as many experiences as possible. This whole thing to me is about meeting people, connecting with strangers, living off the land, and wandering along with the weather. I will welcome self discovery, meditate, and quite literally go where the wind blows me.

I am going to live this way until I can’t any longer. Until it no longer makes me happy. Until I find my spot in the land where I feel most comfortable, and feel at home upon arrival. As I’ve mentioned before, I have seen much of the US to date, all but 4 states to be exact. So it would be ideal to do this trip overseas, as I don’t see myself living indefinitely in the United States anyways, but getting the HSW on a boat and across the ocean is another matter. I’ll come to that bridge when I cross it!! Haha, get it?

I don’t have a lot of money, I am in a bit of debt actually. But I figure I will make it as I go. I have a variety of work experience and skills, so doing some labor intensive odd jobs to make a buck for dinner or a spare tire seems good to me. And as I said before, I’d like to live off the land when possible, so after doing some research on edible flora and fauna I hope to make that a main staple in my diet. And hey, if I get good at my travel-sized guitar, maybe I could play my travelin’ tunes for money. Telling my story through song in exchange for a warm meal doesn’t sound too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment