8.24.2010

do all good things HAVE to come to an end?!

Sadly, HSW will no longer come into fruition (at least not anytime soon). MC and I are not working together anymore, thus the construction process has come to a disappointing halt. I am simply unable to fabricate this thing on my own, at least to the magnitude it would require. Hopefully one day, after I have refined my skills, I will be able to revisit this dream and take it on independently.

Even though I talked smack about it before, I think I will revert back to using good ol' panniers and a tent on my journey. The end result will be the same for the most part, just with a little less style and uniqueness.

The use of HSW would have put limitations on where I could ride and stay, how far I could go, and potentially kept me from getting overseas. Without it I can do much more, and perhaps even ditch my bike along the way if I feel like it. There will be a time and place for HSW, until then it will have to remain in my sketchbook.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carla,
    You have good ideas, but just go with the flow and get on the road.....
    You only need yourself - two feet and a heartbeat!
    The less gear to encumber you the better.
    But just go it - don't give up and look for the next big thing.
    I have met people 16 years on the road with only a small bag....you don't need much.
    You go girl.....

    ReplyDelete