8.24.2010

the gist

So my camper is going to be built out of aluminum. It will have a removable solar panel to gather the sun’s rays on top, and hopefully a small generator in the hub of the wheels on the bike to harvest peddling energy into a small battery inside the camper. This way I can have road lights and blinkers on the outside of the camper, as well as a couple interior lights for when the night comes. Also, I hope to have at least one outlet so I can power my phone and any other electrical devise I may need.

The back door will have small hydrolics so it will stay open when propped up, and provide a sturdy and wind-resistant canopy for me to sit under while establishing an open and welcoming back entrance. With the bed and kitchenette folded out, I’ll be able to sit on the back step or inside and have a decent open-air space to spend my time when I’m not riding. I’ll be able to quickly pull down the hatchback and lock myself inside if need be and still be able to use the kitchen and lay completely flat. With lots of ventilation it will be no problem. It will be cramped, but I am trying to design it to be as comfortable as possible while still being nothing but functionable.

Speaking of ventilation, I went to a really awesome marine consignment shop and found lots of goodies I could use for the camper. Marine accessories have great lines and are often circular in shape, and would really go well with my theme, not to mention they’re watertight. I found some amazing lights to use for the blinkers and dome lights for the interior. There were also some perfect air vents to attach to the sides. The only draw back of using marine equipment is that it tends to be a little heavy, but with some persistent poking around I’m sure I’ll pinpoint the perfect pieces to purchase. Look Steve, alliteration! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment